Friday, July 18, 2008

The thoughts of small change

Anyone want to join me in the coin challenge?

Perhaps link back to my blog and we will see if we can get a few of us

I have been doing a little experiment of small change that I collect in a week or so.

Now since last payday I have been not spending coins or giving it to the kids or whatever. I have been using the notes that have been in my purse. I try to get money out once a fortnight and make it last but I have run out in my purse today, so only really have the coins that are in my draw in my bedroom where no one but me will go.

I counted last night and I had $73 OMG how can I accumilate that sort of money in less than two weeks.

I am trying to work out if this means I have saved $73 or just used up all my notes, would I have $70 in notes if i had spent these coins. DON"T THINK SO.

I wonder how long I can go without spending it and not telling any of the kids that it is there.

I am trying to be really good with money and any money I spend on myself has to be made first either through my knitting or selling stuff.

I really want to get one of these so will see how I go. Already over 1/2way there. With the rising cost of petrol it would be good for excercise and such. I already have a baby seat on my bike but I don't feel safe with Flynn on the back so don't ride it much.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the baby trailer :)

I save my coin for the kids school lunch. They only have a tuckshop here on a Monday.

I'm hopeless with cash and tend to spend that quicker than just using my card. If I have cash it's too easy to just pop into the bakers here and blow $35 on lunches (as I did this week)or pop into the local cafe for lunch.

NeveMaggie said...

I am the same Tracy so i am hoping that with me now having nothing in my purse i won't be tempted to pop out for coffee or shout the kids lunch like at hockey this morning.

We will see how the challenge goes.

Mandy said...

Ohh, I really want one of those bike trailers too :) We just got some new bikes for the big girls - the trailer is nexxt on our list!