Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Small change = Big change

Not sure if you have noticed my small change counter on the side.

Back in Mid July I decided to see how much change I accumulate in a week/month. I started by adding my small change into a tin, you know one of those $$$$ tins that can't be opened. Otherwise if it wasn't an unopenable on I am sure I wouldn've borrowed from it already.

I have just been putting coins in there and the odd $$$. A friend owed me $$ for a few things but I hadn't missed the $$ so thought "if it is in my purse I will spend it, if I put it in my tin it is there for ever until I open it".

It is so surprising how many coins to can accumulate .

So my tally stands today at $177. This is without much effort at all and I have no idea what I will be spending it on when I decide to open it up.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Great idea Rebecca! I'm in! Kat Shaw