Sunday, June 21, 2009

Just keeping busy

Well I decided after much deliberation to make this and was very excited to get started. FREE pattern YEAH, but OMG I couldn't understand it so was feeling very deflated. I wouldn't call myself a superb knitter but most patterns i can understand and considering I have only been doing it for 3.5years I don't think I do a bad job but I truly couldn't understand it. I like patterns to have it all written out not just say "now repeat on the opposite side". That requires me to think to much SORRY.

I think quickly without a second though came across Jade . I had some bendigo 12ply in my stash well a little of it anyway so cast on and managed to get to the underarms before I ran out of wool. Yarn ordered and now waiting , very patiently NOT.



So can;t sit idle cast on for Monkey socks. Now I do love the look of them but I couldn't really understand why 9415 Ravelry people have made these. But they are so great and so fast to knit up for a 4ply patttern.. You can easily knit one in a few days which is not bad for a sock.

The yarn is some I dyed up ages ago and had no real idea what to use it for but it works perfect for Monkeys. A friend saw them and she fell in love with them and keeps saying " these fit me so well". It truly is a great pattern and so easy to follow, but I have decided I need stuff written out I don't seem to be able to follow a chart. I need it expained to me in plainish english. LOL




No comments: