Sunday, June 21, 2009

I love mess NOT NOT NOT





I hate mess involving flour, sugar, dirt anything but I bit the bullet today and let Flynn and two of his friends make biscuits. It is so hard not to say " I'll do it , or let me show you" just to avoid mess and them not doing it right.

I set them up on the back table in the sunshine and I think they had a great time. I will do it again as it wasn't that bad.

Hundreds & Thousands Biscuits (now that I've found natural ones)

60G butter
1/3 C sugar
1 egg
1.5tspn milk
2/3 C sr flour
1/2 C plain flour
200g pkt hundreds and thousands
extra milk

Cream butter, add sugar gradually, beat until light and fluffy. Add well beaten egg and milk. Add sifted SR flour, mix well. Gradually mix in sifted plain flour until dough is firm enough to handle. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Roll our dough to 5mm thickness between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper, cut with floured 5cm round cutter (we use all different shaped cutters). Put on lightly greased oven trays, brush with milk sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. This can be done by using the cutter as a guide. Bake in mod (180C) for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on tray before removing. Makes about 30.

No comments: