Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dyeing days, chooks, and eggs









Saturday was dying day for me, I haven't dyed anything in ages so that was the day. The pink yarn I actually did two skeins of 4ply so I could do Thuja for my mum and the other is The knittery 4ply that I did for myself at some stage.






Had a busy weekend, Shaun finished the chook house so we now have two lovely ladies.

I decided on chooks cause I just don't want a dog at this point in time, cats kill wildlife (even though I do love cats) and I'm just not ready to have a inside pet again. Chooks mean the kids get some pets and we get eggs.

Shaun took all three kids to get the chooks on Saturday which gave me some time for housework and dyeing , which I haven't done in a long time.

The fodder store we got them from said "you won't get eggs for two weeks" but our girls gave us two yesterday but none today. BUGGER. But it was Shauns b-day yesterday so he had fresh eggs for breaky.

2 comments:

tikki said...

The yarn looks awesome Rebecca, can't wait to see how it knits up :D
i'd love some chooks too but DH is allergic to eggs LOL

Tracy said...

The chook pen looks pretty flash. What good girls they are laying so quickly.

I hope we get to see some photos of those skeins knitted up.

The nappies arrived today safe and sound ;)