Friday, January 4, 2008

My bird find



Even though i live in the country some things and I still don;t gel, I have never had to rescue an animal before and still don't think I would know what to do.

Well Wednesday night i came across this lovely little bird on the road, now I say little but it stood about 40cm high so not little really.

I was turning on the a road and in the middle of the road stood this bird, now I thought it was a baby "emu" so that just shows my skills doesn't it. It is actually a WHITE FACED HERON.

I got out the car cause it wasn't moving off the road and I had just taken the kids swimming so grabbed a towel, chucked it over the birds head and bundled it into the car.

Raced back to my friends house who is always rescuing animals to see what we could do. She offered to take it "thank god" but I offered to take it to a animal shelter place if need be.

She has been told to feed it cat food or puppy food and I think she has a life long friend now.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Cool bird. What is it exactly?

Cinders xo said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!
Happy Birthday dear BEEECCCCAAAAAA!!!!!
Happy Birthday to YOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!


LOL Happy Birthday chicky! Hope you've had a top day!!